Start a modern accounting firm before the age of 30? Check.
Start a global software company also before 30? Double check.
Who's done such lofty things?
This dude: Guy Pearson.
He's an accountant turned serial entrepreneur who has started multiple business and has been shaking up the accounting industry by providing innovative solutions for several years now.
Guy's insanely passionate about providing an incredible user experience for both accountants AND small business owners.
During the interview he shares some really insightful tips for young accountants on how to OWN their future and stay ahead of the competition.
Check out the video below!
Questions asked in the interview
- Walk me through the step-by-step process that you went through to get to where you are today.
- What kind of thoughts and emotions were going through your head during the planning stages of starting your own accounting firm?
- At what point did you know you were "successful" after starting your firm?
- When you were starting your accounting firm on the cloud, did you get support from your friends and family or did they think you were crazy?
- You’ve built a successful software company (Practice Ignition), that I personally use and love. What's coming up next for PI?
- If an employed accountant with an entrepreneurial spirit walked up to asking for your advice and you only had a few minutes to give them your best tip, what would it be?
More on Guy
- Meet The "Guy" With Passion (Accodex Partners Blog)
- Guy Pearson, 2014 Anthill 30under30 Winner (Australian Anthill)
- The Story of The Rock Star Accountant: Part 1 (a real life Accountant for the Facebook Generation) (AccountingWeb UK)
- A ‘How to...’ Guide: The Story of The Rock Star Accountant - Part 2 (AccountingWeb UK)
Connect with Guy
I hope you all take the time to connect with Guy through social media: