When I started plotting an escape from my accounting job, I listened to Andrew's podcast and really admired what he was creating. From there I read many of his blog posts, connected with him on Twitter and even met Andrew in person.
He's been a great accountant to learn from and I wanted to share more about his personal story regarding his leap from public accountant to entrepreneur.
Andrew is has built a successful brand with his website, The Bean Counter. He helps accountants find success in the accounting profession by answering their burning questions and providing helpful resources. I thought it would be interesting to learn more about his journey to becoming an entrepreneur so I knew I had to interview him.
Check out the video below!
Questions asked on the show
- Walk us through the step-by-step process that you went through to get to where you are today.
- What was the point where you decided you had to leave accounting to start your business? What was the “ah-ha” moment for you?
- What specific resources did you use to plan your escape from your accounting job? (Books, courses, training, etc.) What helped you in that transition from employee to business owner?
- You’ve previously written about how you and your wife have paid off $55K in debt in 14 months. Can you talk about what your lives were like during that time and how you got yourself out of that hole?
- You’ve built a successful brand with The Bean Counter. How long were you running the business before you started paying yourself? How did you live through those first few months or years?
- If an entrepreneurial accountant walked up to you asking for your advice and you only had a few minutes to give them your best tip, what would it be?
- Dave Ramsey Show interview (The Bean Counter Youtube Channel)
- Andrew Argue, of Ten Key Heroes, Talks About The Agony Of Failure (Huffington Post)
- Couple erases $55K student loan debt in 14 months (Get Rich Slowly)
- How To Make 75% Of Your Annual Accounting Salary, In 3 Months (The Bean Counter)
- 5 Side Hustles All Accountants Should Consider (The Bean Counter)
- How I Paid Off $55,000+ in Student Loans in 14 months (The Bean Counter)
Connect with Andrew
I hope you all take the time to connect with Andrew through social media: